11.19.2009

New Moon Premiere: Time To Represent

Do you remember when you were little and your mom was taking you somewhere exciting (like the circus), how she'd make you take an extra nap?  She knew that between the place she was taking you and your excitement over that place, without a nap you'd tire yourself out.  But then, do you remember how you didn't want to take a nap, even though you knew you needed one, because the place you were going was so heart-poundingly exciting you couldn't settle down enough to sleep?  New Moon is my circus.  Today is the day.  And I am so f*ing excited.

The plan:

9:00PM- Be jealous of east coast people, who are already watching the movie
10:15PM- Pick up decaf w/hazelnut from Peet's
10:30PM- Show up at local theater (which is showing it on 13 screens at 12:01AM).  Brave maddened crowds.
10:35PM-10:45PM- Glare at Team Jacob bitches while preening in my Team Edward t-shirt.  Quickly get over myself
11:20PM- Ask fans I have by now made friends with in line to hold my spot while I buy an enormous tub of popcorn.  Offer to pick them up some sour patch kids
11:55PM- Head into IMAX theater where a special lens will allow the film to be shown 2x larger
12:10AM- Scream my head off when the previews are over and New Moon starts.
12:30AM- Wipe at my eyes with a hankie when Edward leaves Bella alone in the woods
12:55AM- Secretly like it when Jacob takes off his shirt and secretly not be ashamed that I am old enough to be his mother
1:45AM- Cream over Protectward as he saves his woman!
2:45AM- Back home, fall into a blissful sleep

So...what's your plan?






2 comments:

Holly said...

Hey girl!!! I had to post on this. So I'm not going at midnight (I know what kind of fan am I) but I'm going tomorrow night. We're making it a huge girls night out. So, here's my agenda.

6:45 arrive at the Louisiana Boardwalk
7:00-7:15 wait for everyone to arrive so we can eat at Cheesecake Bistro (bitches better not be late)
7:15-9:15 get my eat and drink on
9:15-10:00 hang out around the theather waiting to get inside and get a good seat. btw- did I mention I'm wearing a shirt that says, "I'm having a Twigasm"? Yeah, my sister in law and I are so going there. So during this time, I'll most likely get strange looks from people.
10:30-10:45 groan about the previews but hope that a sneak peak of Eclipse is thrown in there
11:15 cry because Edward leaves and again I feel like I've been broken up with.
11:15-12:00 fawn over the shirtlessness that is Jacob. It's wrong but it'll feel so right.
12:00-12:15 get really excited to see a shirtless RPatz and try to control my inner fangirl
12:20 secretly get really excited when Jacob goes all wolf on Edward after he slaps him (I know this is not appropriate for a Team Edward fan but I don't care, it makes me giddy when I see in on the previews)
12:30 head home on a major high
1:00 possibly jump my husband when I get home.

So that's my plan.

Holly

Unknown said...

Lol. Don't kill me girls, but I think NZ got to see the movie first in the world (other than the LA premiere.) We got it Wednesday midnight (so watched it Thusday morning) Then also our time zone is ahead of everyone. Don't be to mad though, we're not getting any of the interviews or hype on TV. Also heaven forbid we happen to catch a glimpse of one of the cast by even a few 100 miles, *rolling eyes*
So instead of my plan, I tell you what I did...

7:00pm -Pack backpack with a book & tissues
7:15pm -Go to supermarket & stock up on lolly's (candy) & bottled drinks
7:45 -Get in queue to get seat in cinema. (Our cinema is ridiculous, there is no allowcated seating so even if you bought yr ticket months in advance, you still have to get there early if you want a descent seat.)
9:15pm -Were allowed into cinema to find seat (I'm bouncing on my chair by this point)
9:45pm - Finally they get around to showing Twilight...It was so good to see big screen again!
11:40pm - Twilight finishs & we are given a break for the toilet & to grab more snacks.
11:55pm - The cinema is literally buzzing with excitement as the lights have dimmed & the coming attractions start
12:01am - I join everyone in a cheer as the title for New Moon comes across the screen.
12:01 - 2:20am - I alternate between crying, laughing & clutching my jacket to reduce my nerves - takes me a while to stop crying after Edward breaks up with Bella & I notice the girl next to me isn't crying (must have heart of stone)
2:20am - sit in my seat till every credit has rolled & the screen has gone blank. Then in a daze return to my car
2:35am - get home but on WAY to much of a high to EVER sleep, so go online & whilst chatting with mates on twitter contemplate the hottness, that should be illeagal, of the male cast of New Moon...Ahh I'm team Edward all the way but those wolf pack boys...phew. Was dissapointed Edward was covered up so fast :(
WAS THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!