10.16.2009

Mayo Clinic's List of 8 Drug Addiction Symptoms says...I AM addicted to fic!

I have suspected for years now that I was addicted to fanfiction, but now that I've actually started a blog that depicts drug paraphernalia on the banner, I figured it couldn't hurt to find out for sure. I consulted the Mayo Clinic's List of 8 Drug Addiction Symptoms and here's how I stack up:
  1. Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — this can be daily or even several times a day (<--check)
  2. Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug (<--check)
  3. Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug (<--check. That's what the "print" function on Twilighted is for. I don't go on vacation without printing at least 500 pages of fic to PDF)
  4. Spending money on the drug even though you can't afford it (<--does reading fic when I should be looking for a job count?)
  5. Doing things to obtain the drug that you normally wouldn't do, such as stealing (<--no stealing...but who knows what I would do if this shit wasn't free?)
  6. Feeling that you need the drug to deal with your problems (<--check. When I read certain fics, all is right in the world)
  7. Driving or doing other risky activities when you're under the influence of the drug (<--check. I never go for a drive longer than 20 minutes without at least one Twigasm podcast on my iPod)
  8. Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug (<--double check!)
Alright, your turn. Stand up and tell us if you're an addict! And, don't be shy. We understand...

No comments: